Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year

Growing up, New Years Eve was always a time for celebration, big celebrations ... wondering if there was any way to top what I did last year, more exciting adventures, huge crowds, you name it, I've thought of it. I remember dancing on Orchard Road when they closed down the street during my teens or just a phone call with my best friend Terence then, joking that we managed to stay on the phone for a year, as the clock ticked past twelve. Australian memories include celebrating with a huge crowd of strangers at the Rocks which led to sleeping on Manly Beach, and also the posh function at Sydney Opera House, which I never felt lonelier.

In the past year, I came to the realisation that nothing will mean more than the intimacy of friends and loved ones. The most mundane "routine" of gathering with the same people we love will be the ones that we will remember and miss most.

I would like to thank my loving family, John and all my friends for the wonderful year that you have given me. I am indeed a very blessed man. Lastly, here's wishing all of you a loving, healthy and prosperous 2008! May you always experience the simple joys of loving, giving and sharing.

Love,

Jamez

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey james, havent been visiting your blog for some time, lots of readings to be done~ Anyway, Happy New Year and all the best for your 2008!

JameZ said...

Thanks Jason. The same to you and your loved ones too.