Thursday, December 06, 2007

Thank You For The Memories Part 6

If you are reading this section without reading parts 1 to 5, I would strongly encourage you to start from Part 1 because there is a good reason why I classified them into four different parts. It is a segment on my friendships in chronological order, and I hope you will enjoy walking this journey with me.

Lynette and Meei Suey were Leslie's friends first before being mine, and so was Jason. I believe my first meeting with Lynette was during the days when Leslie was experimenting with photography and would draw us out to be his models. We developed a quick friendship and I remember inviting Lynette to be my first date for my Basic Military Training Graduation Ball.

Like Andy and Marcus, both of them are more Westernized, so we got on very well together. We have been keeping email contact over the years and we had a really nice time this year when we met earlier in the morning and ate all the way from breakfast to lunch and then finally dessert at Swensens.

Time flew in those six hours or so that we spent on that day, chatting about our lives, children, Leslie and the past. It was wonderful to feel so comfortable in the company of friends and I believe that we will continue to remain friends long into our older years.

As for Jasone, he is also an Akina fan, but I am grouping him here because he was closer to Leslie than to me. We know another mutual friend Zing, who is now a famous makeup artist in HK. We met during a time when Leslie and I were deep into Japanese music and in 1985, I discovered Familiar Music Library, where Leslie and I would spend most of our days there. It is not surprising that we also ended up with the poorest results for our exams amongst our group of friends because of our devotion to Japanese music.

I remembered Jasone as one of Leslie's friends, and we were more like acquaintances than friends. However, we bumped into each other on the street last year and promised to catch up when I am back in Singapore next time, because it was my last days in Singapore then. Facebook allowed us to catch up a few months ago and we met up for a lovely meal and coffee reminiscing about the old times, friends and of course, Akina. Hopefully, he will be accepted into our VAMP group very soon and we will be able to unite more Akina fan-friends around the world.

I feel really lucky to have such wonderful and loving friends and I want to say Thank you so much for being there for your love, friendship and support. I love you all!!


No comments: