Thursday, November 24, 2005

紅白スキウタ Part 2

I have already done an update on this, but I thought I might reveal the songs that I voted for too that did not end up on the Top 100 List.

あの日にかえりたい/荒井由実 - My favourite song from her 荒井由実 years. The acoustic "Bossa Nova" remix with Lisa Ono is to die for.

あばよ/研ナオコ - Naoko's biggest hit and only No. 1.

かもめはかもめ/研ナオコ - One of my favourite songs of Naoko. Funny that the first time I heard of it was from 工藤静香's cover album. Beautiful ...

魅せられて/ジュディ・オング - Sad that Judy didn't make it. Only one Taiwanese singer, Teresa Teng did, and she is no longer around to sing it.

待つわ/あみん - Another forgotten classic though I have to admit that it was rather disappointing visually when they performed it in 1982.

悲しみがとまらない/杏里 - I was surprised they chose this instead of [Cats Eye], which was a bigger hit, but recently I listened to a revamped acoustic version and I loved it.

時をかける少女/原田知世 - Catchy.

春なのに/柏原芳恵 - One of my favourite songs of Yoshie. I will never forget her debut 白 performance in 1983 where she changed in the middle of her performance. It still surprises everyone today how she managed to do it.

君たちキウイ・パパイア・マンゴーだね。/中原めいこ - I bought one of her albums [Moga] and liked most of the songs in it, and that was after I discovered she wrote "Passion" for Yu Hayami. This song is silly but fun!

涙のリクエスト/チェッカーズ - I am surprised that チェッカーズ did not have any songs in the Top 100. I will never forget how Akina, Seiko and 森 光子 impersonated them with their version in 白 in 1984.

もしかしてPARTⅡ/小林幸子、美樹克彦 - My favourite song of 小林幸子 because of the playful melody.

六本木心中/アン・ルイス - This song was introduced by Zing to Leslie and I. He loved this song and the influence still reasonates.

恋におちて/小林明子 - I am so surprised that this didn't make it. It is such a popular song in its hey day and still one of those rare few Japanese songs that my non Japanese speaking/listening friends can remember or even sing! Disappointing!

卒業/斉藤由貴 - After multiple listens, I have decided that this is her best song and definitely her most representative.

ダンシング・ヒーロー/荻野目洋子 - I like Yoko chan as a singer because she is a good singer but "unfortunately", she is not very pretty in Japanese eyes, but I am quite surprised that this song did not make it as opposed to [タッチ/岩崎良美].

翼の折れたエンジェル/中村あゆみ - I love this song but I guess it is very much forgotten nowadays.

なんてったってアイドル/小泉今日子 - Again not one of Kyon2 best songs, but definitely one of her signature songs. She redeemed herself with her eye catching performance in her 2nd 紅白 performance after her really horrible debut.

MUGO・ん…色っぽい/工藤静香 - I voted for this song even though this is not one of Shizuka's best songs. It is the song that made her really famous and it had to do more with Japan being ready for a new top female idol and the fact that it was written by 中島みゆき. Pony Canyon also heavily promoted her (after the decline of おニャン子クラブ ( Onyanko Club) and all their graduated singers who started suffering declining sales because they all couldn't sing). Shizuka might have a squeaky voice but she can sing in live concerts rather well, and she is rather talented, holding art exhibitions almost every year. Plus, she is married to Kimura, Japan's top male idol.

サボテンの花~ひとつ屋根の下より~/財津和夫 - I love this song, also because of it is the theme song of one of my favourite Jdrama.

長い間/Kiroro - The girls in Kiroro has such soothing voices, as compared to the other really irritating girl bands with looks but no voices. I remember returning to Singapore and listening to this song on my friend's car and immediately had the rush to go buy it on CD. A classic.

So, here is it. You can visit this list to see which songs did not make it, and you will be very surprised. I can see at least another 20 songs. So, did any of the songs you voted not make it to the Top 100?

2 comments:

Jack said...

Judy Ongg gave up her role in Shogun in order to appear in Kohaku..for that, I think she should be given another appearance this year..

JameZ said...

Really? American Shogun movie or series?

I don't keep tabs on things like that but the series was rather tacky, so if it is, then I think she made a good choice. ;-P