Thursday, November 10, 2005

Marzipan Babies?






My first thought: Aren't they cute and don't they look amazing!!





If you thought they were real babies or premature foetus, then you are very wrong. The email that accompanied these photos said that they were made from Marzipan.

Definition of Marzipan Almond Paste: a sweet paste made of ground almonds and sugar, often with egg whites or yolks, used as a layer in cakes or molded into ornamental shapes




They look so amazingly real, especially since they are photographed in the Anne Geddes mode, where all babies look so ethereal. I was forwarded this email with a note that said "I could eat them all".

Thank God I googled "Marzipan Babies, and found that it is only a myth that they were made from marzipan, but this Camille Allen and this other website says it's made out of polymer clay or resin, and they're not edible.

For me, I love babies way too much to ever be able to pop one of these in my mouth, even if they are really edible. It just seems wrong! I just want to cradle and smooth them ...





2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hi James,

Your link to Leslie Kee's isn't workiing...it could be that you had an extra "/" at the end.