Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Official Fanclub Member


In my 22 years as a fan of Akina, I have never entertained the thought of being her or any singer's fanclub member. Maybe it had to do with a lack of income rather than a desire ... but today, I have received my membership card in the mail, making me one of those who officially support her career.

A duo of Singaporeans joined the fanclub at the same time, but I think I am the first to receive the membership card. Hooray!! It makes everything official and I am now a name in the database, though if she could recall the person she waved to during her concert on the 17th July (but I doubt so), a face as well. I am now wondering if I am the first and only fan living in Australia as well.

It seems an impetuous thing to do, like something someone would do in their teens and I am far passed it, but there is strangely a great sense of belongingness now. She has been in my life for the past 22 years and she is approaching her 25th year in showbiz (in 2007). So, I can't think of a better way to say Thank You for everything, the wonderful songs, anticipation and memories ... and I wish for more wonderful days to come ...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hamu said...

I got mine too~~~ last night~~~ Horray~~~

Anonymous said...

Congratulation! I used to be with her last fan club. After it was closed, I could not renewed it because I don't have friend in Japan anymore.

Can I send them USD? I'm in New YOrk.

Thanks.

JameZ said...

Thank you Eugin. We wouldn't have done this without you.

Congrats Hamu too! We are now officially, "a family".

JameZ said...

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for both your posts. Like you, I used to think of meeting Akina as a dream, and I did indeed dream of her once. It was beautiful, but nothing beats seeing her live.

Make your own dream come true next year by saving up for a ticket now!

As for the membership, I think they have very strict restrictions. You can send cash, but it has to be in yen.