Tuesday, August 02, 2005

A New Miracle

I see friendships as uncelebrated miracles in the universe. Not every stranger and passer-by becomes a friend and so as we walk down the path of life, we make more acquaintances but develop less deeper friendships.

The internet has been extremely kind in allowing me to continue my passion for friendships with people I have never met before and only spoken to, and keeping in contact with them. I am so thankful that my entries on my blog has brought up discussion points and one of the most active contributors is a new friend, Jack whom I would like to introduce to all. Jack, I hope you don't mind me sharing your blog with my other friends. If you do, please let me know and I will remove it.

Jack writes and shares information about Japanese 80s pop (a passion shared by a few of us) which I just realised from my one of my best friends, Felix, that the 80s female pop singers like Akina, Seiko, Hayami Yu, Chiemi Hori, Kawai Naoko (Jack's favourite), Kashiwabara Yoshie, Oginome Yoko etc, are gay icons for gays and lesbians in their 30s and 40s. Hooray! We fall into that category! Jack also shares music files on his blog, so pay him a visit. He also translates some of his favourite songs and they are beautiful. Tien has quite an extensive collection herself as well. So, please visit her website too.

http://mysongsforyou.blogspot.com/

Thank you for all your comments because it has been a wonderful inspiration for me to carry on sharing ...

3 comments:

Jack said...

James:
It was so nice of you to do this.. you made me feel important.. I want to make sure people know that(which I should have done in the first place) the translation for akina's songs were taken from sites I don't remember where.. the only one I did the translation personally was Judy Ongg's Request.. it was my first attempt based on my rusty japanese.. hope I did ok.. the other ones, I did some modifications after I read the translated copy as it didnt sound right

JameZ said...

You are most welcome, Jack. Your remarks and friendship make it all worthwhile.

As for the translations, I guess it's all about the sharing that matters. :)

Jack said...

I have uploaded a few vid clips on my blog... hope you like. :-)