Sunday, July 03, 2005

Dream Come True? - 東京へ いきますか-


Caption: Akina during rehearsal. Is that her with short hair again? I prefer her with longer hair.

One of the greatest gifts that someone can give me has materialised. Up till now, it still seems and feels like a dream because there is almost a possibility that I will be going to Tokyo to watch Akina's concert in 2 weeks after all. I had not entertained the thought previously because of tight finances and the possibility of a Europe trip this year, but I have just been offered a free ticket on the final night of her concert and it was too good an offer not to take up.

I have been in a dilemma for most of the morning because I didn't want to disappoint John because he was looking forward to touring Europe and the other thing is that, the day of the concert is actually the day that Julian is leaving. I was actually giving myself the guilt that I envisioned my parents giving me for forsaking him on his last day in Australia for some time, but I felt better after speaking to him, and he gave me his blessings and told me that he wanted me to go, which I am very touched.

John has been so wonderful, telling me that he would be disappointed if I didn't give myself this pleasure and it would have been wonderful to visit Tokyo with him, but he will be working that weekend, so it is impossible. He also told me not to feel guilty because the measure of my love for my brother is not just measured by this one single day.

So, I am allowing myself this joy and doing little jumps, kicks, screams and sharing this wonderful news with all my friends because it has been a 22 year dream to see Akina live. So, Thank you Eugin for pressing me on into fulfilling my dream.

Coincidentally, all my trips to Tokyo have been very impromptu. The first in 1994 was an offer from a friend who won a ticket to Tokyo but wanted to sell it for S$400 and I grabbed it. The second in 1998 was an offer from my aunt who lives in Tokyo (till Spring next year) who wanted someone to accompany her to Seoul from Tokyo, and now this ...

This will probably be my shortest but my most expensive trip to Tokyo (A A$1400 return flight is considered cheap here in Australia) and I hope that my destiny with Tokyo will expand beyond because there are still so many places in Japan I want to explore, but I guess for now, a concert with Akina will have to do, and it is positively, one of the best things that has happened to me ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Take more pictures for me...... enjoy this special nite!
Terence

JameZ said...

Thanks, Terence.

It is so nice to know that you do read my blog. How are you?

Take Care.