Wednesday, June 01, 2005

My Little Darlings - 世界のすべて ...



I love babies, like the way people love pets. I'm not a major animal lover but I have a soft spot for almost all babies. I constantly bemoan the fact that I don't get a chance to see my two beautiful little darlings grow up. Just because I choose to live my life elsewhere, I am robbed of the chance to watch them take their first steps at everything and to spend everyday with them. Being gay doesn't make my desires to be a father any weaker. It only strengthens the love I have for the people around me.

Thankfully, the abscence allows me to cherish every single moment with them and it is something I am thankful for. I will always remember the little things we do, like how little Joy likes to chase the birds and giggle in her special little way, and how little Joshua would bang his hands in excitement when he is being fed or not.


These mundane episodes that may seem trivial are precious to me because they are moments that may never be replicated. I will also always have a special smile when I see this photo and remember Joy saying "Two babies", to which John would correct "It's actually three babies", to my amusement.

Being with them allows me to escape into their fantasy world and through them, I have learnt that I can be totally selfless and indulge in unconditional love, and there is no better gift than this. So, Thank you, my beautiful sister, for giving me this intense joy of being an uncle and a chance to play father ...





7 comments:

Anonymous said...

heylo...the kids are really cute =) I have 2 nephews myself too.. =) How have you been?

JameZ said...

Hi Ranbi,

Thank you. They are very precious to me, and I hope you are educating your little nephews well with Akina's songs. There's no moving to the "dark side" of Seiko. ;-)

I am well but very busy at the moment because I am moving house next Wednesday and I haven't started packing! Argghhh!

Thank you for contributing to my blog. You are a very special friend. Hope you are well too.

Anonymous said...

Dear James: It is true that being with children is a wonderful opportunity to express unselfish love. Don't know if it's true but children seem to sense and respond to honest concern for their well being. Your nephew and niece are so cute and I can see why you are so attached to them. Uh, their uncle is kinda cute too! Take care and thank you for the blog.

JameZ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jack said...

Very cute.. now you have to show me how to post pics on blog.. I have a blog, but still don't know how to post pics.. damn

JameZ said...

Thanks, Jack.

They mean the world to me.

JameZ said...

Hi Anonymous,

Thank you for your beautiful comments. I can only hope that I am as cute as my little darlings! Ha! Ha!

Hope you will take care too!

James