Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Dinner Parties

One of the best things about living by oneself is dinner parties, holding them and getting invited to them. Like Bree Van De Kemp says in "Desperate Housewives", "One of the things I missed most about not staying married is having dinner parties".

I can still vividly remember the first time I had a dinner party when I invited 3 other girls that I had known from University over for a weekend dinner. It was just a simple meal of tandoori chicken (my specialty), barbecued (char-siew) pork (cooked by myself) and a vegetarian dish, but it was pure joy that is not replicated by any other event.

Ever since, I have had many dinner parties, and though now, I usually hold "pot luck" parties, where everyone brings a dish along, the simple joys of gathering, eating and drinking is still something that I will relish forever.

No comments: