Tuesday, March 22, 2005

A Simple Life

Happiness comes from the simplest things in life. For me, it comes from the happiness I see on the faces of my family and friends when I meet them again.

My daily routine now consists of babysitting my soon to be 1 year old nephew (Joshua) and 2 and 3/4 year old niece (Joy). They are the joys of my life at the moment and though it can be a daily or hourly challenge to receive their love and acceptance, it is a task that I will not give up for anything else in this world.

I am watching plenty of cartoons (like Snow White - which is fantastic - and Beauty and the Beast), and through them, I am rediscovering my childhood and playing the role of a parent at the same time. Parenting is a tough task and keeping up is mainly what we do, which can be very tiring, but the rewards of a smile of giggle, or even a kiss is priceless. I can now appreciate the hard work my parents had to do when they had to handle 3 kids and it makes their love all the more greater. Thank you for bringing me onto this world and showering me with love, so that I understand the only way other humans want to be treated ...

No comments: