Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Happy Birthday My Sweet


Happy Birthday My Darling.

It has been an amazing journey with you, these 3 and 3/4 years ... definitely the sweetest and happiest days of my life. Thank you for your love, guidance and support you give whenever I need it most.

I may not have known true love before but I learnt it from you. It is not a slippery surface where life is rosy all the time but one of true giving, acknowledging, understanding and compromising, and it is a path that I wish everyone would have a chance once to walk on in their lives. Not that there is anything wrong with being alone, but there are definitely challenges in coupled life and the wonderful surprises it can present at any point in time.

Thank you for allowing me to give you my love and encouraging me to be fully self expressed, so that I know what life can bring. You are my inspiration, and though you will never be my "Brokeback Mountain" because our love is acknowledged everyday, you are the one that I choose to walk my path of life together with. It is an important choice because we know that it's not everyday that you find someone to laugh and cry with. It is a special gift and I thank you for everything you have given and have yet to give.

May the years to come bring you much more happiness and may you achieve all the goals that you set. You will never be alone because I am walking beside you, ready to catch anytime you fall ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear James,

Thank you for your lovely words!
You are so amazing! I am the luckiest man alive to know you as I do and to have the chance to share my life with you like we do! Through good and bad you are there for me and loving me at times when I find it difficult myself. Thanks
Always

John xxx