Friday, April 15, 2005

My Virgin Feature

Walked past the Newsagency yesterday on my way home and had a look at the newest April issue of DNA Magazine. As I browsed through the pages, I was astonished to see a picture of myself on the first page of their Mardi Gras 2005 feature story. "What a surprise", I thought to myself, "What a pleasant one ... considering it was a good photo." It's the first time I have ever appeared on a magazine, so it was a very special feeling for me, one of happiness and delight, not unlike the night itself ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear James: I just finished reading about Mardi Gras and viewed the photographs of yourself wearing (angel?) wings. Any way, you mentioned being in a magazine called DNA. My question is: have you ever thought of being a model? Please don't take this the wrong way but you photograph beautifully and the expression on your face in the Mardi Gras photographs was so calm and peaceful. Having been a hand model, I know that it can be difficult and there is a good deal of competition but I honestly think you might have the qualities that a photographer/advertiser, are looking for. Any way, it's just a thought. Take care.

JameZ said...

Hi Anonymous,

Thank you for your vote of confidence. I have entertained the thought before, but only in my dreams. I am pretty short so I have never thought of it before. Since I grew up being on the chubby side, I have some "scars" that inhibit me from every dreaming of doing this, even part-time.

The closest I had ever come to is actually taking some B&W arty nude photos of myself as a 30th birthday present. I squirmed during the entire experience because I wasn't comfortable doing total nudity (even though I insisted on no frontals), but thankfully, the photos turned out very well. I am very proud of them and maybe I might consider that someday. I might even share them soon if I get enough support. Ha! Ha!