Thursday, April 07, 2005

Fragile

Just learned this morning about a friend's mother's death which highlighted the fragility of life. I have spoken and written volumes about the significance of appreciation of one's loved ones before we or they leave, and this unfortunate event has only magnified my belief.
I was lucky enough to discover the book "3rd Serving of Chicken Soup for the Soul" and it was a coincidence that my beloved grandma was ill at that time as well. Reading about other people's experiences and their courage to say "I love you" gave me the inspiration to return her appreciation via a "love letter". It was difficult, but I am ever grateful that I did it because it has made a huge impact on my life and the way I live it.
We always hugged during our goodbyes, but from that moment on, we always remembered to tell each other "I love you". She is no longer with us now, and the best thing is that I have no regrets because I know she knows, and she knows I know, and that is all that matters.

No comments: