Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Good News

Some good news to share with everyone. Besides the fact that I have booked my "once a year traditional trip" back home to visit my folks and family during 14th November to 2nd December, I have been asked by work to represent our School at the upcoming Austrade Exhibition for Australian Education in KL on the 27th and 28th October.

I was scheduled to make my "debut" overseas trip in January next year, but an opening came up, and it was too good an opportunity to give up. I am really excited about this because I will be flying into KL on the 26th, and staying at the supposedly gorgeous Hilton Hotel, all by myself. I will be working both days of the weekend, and was initially asked to spend Monday there and take the overnight flight back to Sydney, and then have Tuesday off.

After some clever planning with my fellow Singaporean co-worker who is in charge of booking my flight and accommodation, I am now able to fly out of KL on the Monday morning to Singapore (transit since I am taking SIA), and then spend two important days with my family, a prelude to the longer holidays I will take in November. This is such an exhilarating and unexpected advancement and it is something that I have looked forward to, for such a long time. For once, I am going to thank myself for the hard work that I have put in for the past year. I was lost and now I am found. I know my own worth for the first time and this is the big pat I am giving myself on my back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome back to sg! your family must be overjoyed to learn abt this...

JameZ said...

Thanks! I was just thinking of you the other day. Good to know that you are well.

As for my family, they are indeed elated. If it was in September, it would have been better because the dates are rather close to my planned holiday. Still, I'm not complaining too much. ;-)