Friday, December 22, 2006

35才の誕生日

Another year has passed ... so many bitter sweet memories that graced the 34th year of my life that I will always remember. Since my friend has passed on so recently, the lessons on cherishing life is at the forefront of my thoughts and birthdays are always a good time to say Thanks to everyone who continues to contribute to my life. My parents, especially my mother who brings up the story of being in labour for over17 hours to bring me to this world, my siblings whom I grown up with, fighting, teasing and loving, and who now accept me for who I am. My little nephew and niece who continue to such inspirations in my life teaching me how to love so much more than I thought I was ever capable of. My dear friends everywhere around the world, especially my surrogate family in Australia who create this wonderful loving world for me, and lastly, my dearest lover, John, who I am so honoured to share every day waking up next to.

Even if the world is imperfect, my world is as good as it can be and I want to remind myself to be thankful for all that I have. Spread your love everyone, make a difference in someone else's life ...

今天是我三十五岁的生日。走了这漫长的人生道路,感慨良多。除了学会珍惜家人与朋友的爱戴,也懂了爱惜自己。有了这份自爱,才能真心真意地打开心房接受与散播爱。生日不是属于我一个人的,最感激的是把我带进这世界的父母,照顾我张大的大家,与我成长的弟弟妹妹,展开友谊之手的朋友,和教我如何爱的恋人与已故的外婆。谢谢大家的爱,我是幸福的,我的生命是充实。

3 comments:

Jack said...

it's funny that my mom used to say the same thing about being in labour for many many hrs..maybe Chinese moms are all alike...in fact, she used to make me take her out for a fancy dinner every year on my birthday
Anywy, James, have a good one, Happy Birthday..

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
JameZ said...

Thanks Jack. Yes, most Asian mothers are all alike. My Japanese friend's mother has the same concept too. Ha! Ha!

But, I think in regards to labour, all mothers are alike ... maybe it was because there wasn't any epidural then. Imagine the pain.

I like your mother. She has a great sense of humour.