Sunday, November 05, 2006

First Review of "The Last Destination"

Thanks to my wonderful and generous friend, I finally had the chance to watch my idol Akina Nakamori's "The Last Destination" this morning. It was a concert that I fought to watch live but since I have been saving to buy an apartment with John, had to "割爱" (literal translation: "cutting ones love"), and give up the opportunity.

I don't regret it because I finally saw it and I loved every minute. It has been some time since Akina has appeared so confident from the start and performed so well throughout the entire concert. I can finally understand why my VAMPire fans claim this as one of her best concerts ever.

Not only was the stage presentation the most elaborate I had ever seen for her, but she seemed to put every ounce of energy into it, and it makes us all so proud to be a fan. Her concerts may not have the glossy pyrotechnics and multiple dancers, but her professionalism and stage presence makes her a true legend.

For a sneak preview of her "last" song on this concert viewing (hopefully there will be extra material on the DVD if it is released), please visit our Akina fansite VAMP.

No comments: