Sunday, April 20, 2008

Lucky Number Six

Today marks John and my sixth anniversary since we first hooked up. It doesn't feel like yesterday because we have both grown together within the relationship as well as within ourselves.
For starters, I feel that I have matured aplenty and am a lot more outspoken than I have ever been. Through education and respect, I have learnt that one can love, not only with an open heart but with an open mind as well. Courage to speak the truth and not be afraid that I will be laughed at, or put down. To be respected for what I have to contribute.

It is not easy because though communication is the ultimate key to success in any relationship, there is always a fear that our partners will abandon us as a result of this honesty as well. Hence, it takes love, patience and understanding that at no time will we attempt to speak out of spite in order to hurt the other party. That what we have to contribute is an open window to further understanding and part of growing together within the relationship.

I cannot take all the credit for the wonderful relationship we have, because John has been a great force in me pushing my boundaries, having the breakdowns, and then the breakthroughs. It's wonderful to be able to have someone who understands my rhythm, who cares about me the same way I do about him, and is proud of our love. Thank you my darling, for our everyday routines, and for loving me just the way I am.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a most beautiful soul, friend, lover and companion. I got real lucky. We got lucky to have such a balanced, respectful, loving and growthful relationship.
You are amazing and I honour you and accept you for you (at least I do my best every day).
More love and more life to you and us!

John x

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary, J & J!

JameZ said...

Thanks Jerry.

Just realised that you belong to a J & J combination too. How long have you been together?